Saturday, May 23, 2009

One long day! 5K and more!

Today was quite the busy day for us! And we were running from 6am til we got home tonite at 7pm. I'm exhausted! We started out doing the Red Nose Run 5K this morning with some DAM friends Casey and Jamie. Check out pics (as usual) on D and I's adventure blog. After a recovering breakfast at IHOP, the boys wanted to go to the park and play. :-O Then we decided to go swimming. After a good swim, we had a yummy dinner at Souper Salad before heading home to crash! It was fun to hang out with Casey and her son M all day! Thanks Casey!

Foodwise, I ate a lot, but planned it out as I went and stayed under 1900 cals (though just barely). Before the 5K, I had a turkey tortilla rollup and part of a banana. After the race, I had a little pack of Wheat Thins. At IHOP, I got the Baby Cakes meal (which is a kids meal: scrambled egg substitute, 5 silver dollar pancakes, 1 strip of bacon and sugar free syrup). After parktime we hit up Braums for some capp chunky choc frozen yogurt. Dinner was at Souper Salad. I had a big romaine salad with some cheese and light ranch, plus pizza and breadsticks, and some mac n cheese to end my day at 1899 calories.

Output: LOTS! It took 58.5 minutes to do the 5K this morning. Then, 30 minutes of swimming, before the boys got too cold and tired. Its 8pm and I'm at 3274 cals burned, not counting the swimming which shows to be around 330 cals burned. Will edit tomorrow with my total.

No comments: