Saturday, May 16, 2009

A 5K and more!

Today was such a fun day! Look at our other blog for pics!

We were going to do a 5K but it got rained out, so...we went and did our breakfast splurge and THEN went to the mall to walk. We did 3.4 miles in an hour flat! Woohoo!

Today was a planned splurge day. So don't be shocked at the high cals...lol and crap food! Before heading out to what would have been the 5K, I had a whole wheat tortilla with a bit of Bluebonnet margarine. Breakfast was at IHOP! I had 3/4th of the Bacon Temptation omelette with salsa and 1/2 of the hashbrowns with some ketchup. After we got home from our walk, I had a bag of Mini Pringles. Then before heading to church at 5, I had a serving of reduced fat Wheat Thins. Dinner was at Souper Salad. I had 4 small slices of pizza (they are only 90 cals each), a breadstick, a small serving of mac n cheese, a few bites (literally) of their spaghetti, and then a big salad with romaine, cheese, and light ranch. It was yum!!! I ended my day at 1994 calories, which worked out perfect. Even though it was a splurge day, I didn't want to go over 2000 cals and ruin the whole benefit of the 5k...lol

Output: a 1 hour 3.4 mile walk. I need to remember we have to do an hour a day now for the challenge! I hit 3475 calories burned today...yay!

2 comments:

Dina said...

awesome job, Brandie! sounds like this was a great day for you in so many ways!!

Brandie said...

Oh girl, it was, in SO many ways. Being able to go to church this evening, hear my all time FAVE pastor, AND not being called out during service to go get D (who can't handle the large classrooms and 20 million kids), just topped the whole day off. Such a wonderful day! *cough* D being sleepy most of the day helped too...LOL