Monday, May 11, 2009

Looking back on a year

Tomorrow is an anniversary of sorts. It's been a year since Beth and I started on a diet journey that we had no clue would come as far as it has. I got to looking back on our first posts on the Losin blog we had, and got all nostalgic. We had no clue what we were doing, but we did our best, and changed things up so much as we went along, trying to do what felt right for our own bodies. Its been a heck of a year! I know Beth's right around her goal weight, and despite my awful setback, I'm still 60 lbs down from what I was a year ago.

We've both changed so much since then that its just unreal to me. Our friendship got stronger the past year, though has definitely been tested through all this to its limits, and has shown us new ways of dealing with things. I also think this past year has made me a better mommy, as I have more energy to deal with D, less weight to cart around when chasing after him, and so much more willingness to go DO things. I find myself more confident at times but also less confident at times, as I learn how to move around in a lesser body, and its really been interesting. When I had the relapse I could tell in how it felt to move around that I had gained back, and have felt the changes all over again as I've come back down. Some days I can really feel the missing parts of me, and other days it feels like I haven't lost a bit.

Despite my chagrin at having gained back almost half of what I had lost during the relapse, I'm proud that I was finally able to get it under control and get back to losing it. I'm also taking steps to "fix" the issues I have with food, in hopes of keeping another relapse from happening. That is my only real goal this next year of the diet. I'm not setting a specific weight goal, loss will happen as I stick with this day by day, for life, and I fully believe thats when you get the "permanent" weight loss.

It's been an incredible year, and I can't wait to share the next year with all of you , and to see where I am another year from now. Thanks to all of you for supporting me in this, and pushing me to be better. Tomorrow I'll post some before and during shots for you guys.

On to food today...breakfast was a Fiber One bar. I was better prepared this morning and already had it at home with me, so I ate half of it slowly after my workout to keep from feeling faint, and then the rest on the way to work. I also had a tbsp of peanut butter abit later in the morning. Lunch is a Weight Watchers Ziti meal and grapes. My afternoon snack is of course a fatfree yogurt. Its the only thing I've found that keeps me from having dizzy spells before dinner, so I make sure to keep it on hand at all times. Dinner tonite was a Subway 6 inch ham on wheat with american cheese and light mayo, and then a baggie of baked chips. I need a big grocery shopping trip but it will have to wait til Wednesday at least. Gotta love payday...lol Tonite was a choc pudding cup for dessert to end my day at 1297 calories.

Output: I got up this morning despite being up super late last night, and did the 32 min 2 mile WATP. I took a 15 min walk at lunch to finish up my time today.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary Sweetie! You HAVE come a long way. And you have been such an inspiration to so many of us. Thank you for everything you have taught me and for helping me in my weight loss. *Hugs* Keep going!!

gradtchr2 said...

You have come so far and you have so many people here to encourage you the rest of the way. You are truly an inspiration and I can't wait to hear more about the journey. :)

Dina said...

Brandie, you are really such a wonderful person, inside and out. Know that we are all here for you and are amazed by your journey - all aspects of it.

Big congrats and hugs on this past year - and more for this year!! :)

Mr Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.