Friday, April 24, 2009

Nothing like an ER trip...

to really get your weekend going! When I picked up D from school, he immediately showed me a nasty looking blister on his leg, and I noticed that the area around it was all red and swollen. Being on medicaid, we can't go to urgent care, which bites, and of course his doc office was closed, AND of course the little clinic I found awhile back, the doc there is on vacation. Joy. So we headed to the ER, which is really our only option. I'm glad I took him though. They said its cellulitis, which is an infection of the tissues under the skin, basically, a bacterial infection. So they immediately had me start him on megadoses of antibiotics. Poor guy. BUT thanks to the wonderful people of Medical City Children's, we were in and out in less than an hour, score!

I did good foodwise today. Breakfast was usual PBJ. Lunch was a Lean Cuisine pizza and baked chips. My afternoon snack was a fat free yogurt. Dinner was at Chilis with a friend, and I got the Guiltless Grilled chicken sandwich with corn (no butter). It was just as good as usual! And my evening snack was a 100 calorie Kudos Granola Bar to end my day at 1361 calories burned.

Output: I did 30 minutes on the bike this morning, instead of going to Curves. I just didn't wanna get up THAT early. This evening we walked circles around CVS waiting for D's antibiotic prescription to be filled to get my last 15 minutes in (though we actually walked for 20 minutes). Its almost midnight and I'm at 3051 calories burned so far. You can def tell I was active a lot today (lunchtime shopping at a warehouse sale helped too!!!)

No comments: