Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Monthly weigh-in and a lesson learned

I don't know that I actually announced this on here, but last month I decided to go to monthly weigh-ins (weighing in the morning of our monthly splurges). I decided to do it because I was getting so frustrated with the day to day fluctuations of the scale. And especially now that I have the Go Wear Fit, I have a visible reminder of my activity, plus logging cals already, so I have plenty of numbers to keep me on track. I weighed in this morning but was quite disappointed. I am at 274.2 lbs this morning. I'm trying to remember that we JUST started the exercise challenge a week ago, plus I've had some super salty days lately. And last night I had a few pickles (with some juice)...SALT...that's definitely a lesson learned for me. I realized I need to limit my salt intake the two days or so before a weigh-in to minimize that. Oh well, live and learn. I'm happy enough with the 6+ lbs, I guess. That weekend awhile back where I didn't log really killed me too though, I think. Here's hoping this next month is awesome especially with the challenge and the Go Wear Fit and my wonderful friends supporting me, thanks ladies!!!

Today is a SPLURGE day btw...but after seeing the weigh-in today its a good reminder to not go all out in a splurge...lol We're hitting up Red Lobster tonite, woohoo! So while I am going to enjoy myself definitely, I'm only getting a half portion of the pasta I want. But I will be enjoying everything else.

OK so on to food today. Breakfast was my now usual PJB. No morning snack, and lunch was a tuna sandwich on whole grain bread with Miracle Whip. Nothing wrong with 2 sandwichs in a day right??? Its filling at least (I used the whole can of tuna) My afternoon snack was a Quaker Mini Delights. Dinner was Red Lobster. It's so awesome that RL has all their cal counts on their website, love that!!! I got the half portion of the Cajun Chicken Linguine Alfredo, plus a dinner salad with ranch, 2 biscuits, and a strawberry daiquiri... YUM!!! I also had 2 bites of D's icecream which put me at 2091 calories for the day, which is great for a splurge. Not too high, but high enough it will keep me happy til our May splurge...lol which is Texas Roadhouse on May 1st to celebrate the Losin Together 1 year anniversary of the diet...well and Beth's birthday...lol Love ya, Beth!

Output, I already got up this morning and did 30 minutes on the bike, albeit a bit slow (5 miles even...). And then 30 minutes of Wii Tennis this evening to round out my 45 minutes.

No comments: