Thursday, April 16, 2009

Curves

I've been debating this for awhile but decided to give it a shot. Today I went to the Curves near here and tried a free workout. Well, sort of, the owner ran me through all the machines, etc, I just didn't do the cardio part. She really took time though to make sure I had proper form! I like the thought of the routine of it, plus the hours are VERY convenient for me since I don't have childcare in the evenings. I'd be able to go either on a work morning or during lunch, so that rocks! I just need to figure out if I can budget for that...its expensive but no more so than a gym I guess. And its quick...30 minutes typically for a full body workout with cardio, though I could easily keep going if I wanted to. Tomorrow I'll be doing a full workout there so I will update tomorrow on that!

On the menu today, I am back to PBJ's for breakfast, I went by the store yesterday at lunch and got bread. WHEW! I missed my pbj yesterday morning. I did have a snack of Quaker Mini Delites before I went to Curves for a carb boost. Lunch was a Weight Watchers ziti meal and a baggie of baked cheetos. My afternoon snack was a fatfree yogurt. Dinner is going to be breakfast burritos! It will be 1/4th cup of eggbeaters, plus a whole wheat tortilla, a bit of mozzarella cheese, canadian bacon and salsa for each one. I'm going to have two of them, plus apple slices. My evening snack was a 100 cal pudding cup to end my day at 1410 calories.

Output: I got up this morning and did 30 minutes on the bike (slow again! 5 miles even. I think I need to take 5 minutes before I get on the bike to do some stretches and warm up, with getting up so early its hard to really get going fast.). And then at lunch, I did the Curves workout. I'd like to count it as part of my remaining 15 minutes, as I did sweat, but not sure on that. We walked to the park this evening with the boys and walked around the playground too, so I know I got my workout in...whew! I ended my day at 3009 calories burned.

No comments: