Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

This morning ended up being a wonderful time of reflection on what today is. D was having a hard time upstairs in the house at the lake, since my aunts and grandma were getting things cleaned up and straightened. He just can't handle that much activity and not go berserk himself, so I took him downstairs to swing on the porch swing. We sat there and watched the rain for abit, and he was so quiet that I was having a wonderful time thinking about our Savior and what He did for us. After awhile, I realized D wasn't just quiet, he was asleep! lol So I was able to sit out there in the peace and quiet watching the lake for over an hour! My aunts came down a few times but quickly realized he was asleep as well and they all stayed upstairs. What a nice morning!

I'm doing great on food today. All of D's easter egg hunt candy somehow managed to be left at the lake...go figure...LOL! So its not at home to tempt me. I did purposely bring home a small piece of coconut cake today. I didn't have any last night because I knew I'd want more today, and figured one day was better than 2...hehe. I did great planning out my meals on short notice. I saw my grandma cooking pancakes, and was about to pass on them, but saw she was making them from a mix that only required water, AND we had sugar free syrup. So I had 2 small pancakes with a serving of scrambled eggs for breakfast, and a small cup of orange juice. Lunch was a turkey sandwich (with a slice of american cheese and mustard), plus grape tomatoes and half a serving of Sun Chips, and then 8 oz of sweet tea for the caffeine (it was all there was at the time, even though I wanted unsweet tea. :( Oh well, I badly needed it for the drive home from the lake). This afternoon when we got home, I had my little piece of coconut cake and it was divine! I'm so glad I passed on the cake last night, cause I SO would have wanted more today...lol Dinner tonite was 2 whole wheat tortilla pizzas (sauce, mozzarella and canadian bacon) plus a romaine/tomato salad with zesty italian light dressing. Later this evening, I had a 100 cal pudding to end my day at 1659 calories. I tried to make sure I upped cals a bit today since I was still at 1300 something yesterday.

Output...30 minutes on the bike this afternoon (5.2 miles!!) and then 30 minutes of Wii Tennis with D tryna play along...lol he's so cute. I got my 45 minutes in for today, woohoo! This evening we went up to walmart for some things and walked around a bit. I ended the day at 3430 calories burned.

1 comment:

Dina said...

great job, Brandie - I love how you are thinking ahead with your choices!! Love and hugs, girl!!