Monday, April 6, 2009

The Challenge is ON...

And it begins today...Teresa, Jamie, and I have a friendly little exercise challenge we will be doing for the next 6 weeks. I like this one because it doesn't involve food. I'm def not that strong food-wise right now so this is perfect, and should be easy enough to finish strong as long as I don't miss a day. I started out strong this morning by getting up and riding the bike for 30 minutes (5.1 miles!!! That's a new best for me!).

Here are the rules...

Exercise Challenge

Teresa, Brandie & Jamie

Start: Monday, April 6, 2009
End: Friday, May 15, 2009

Challenge: 45 minutes of exercise per day

Prize: Winner to get one (1) Wii Fit game of their choice from the losers

Winner: The woman with the most total days wins!

Rules:
1) 45 minutes of exercise per day
a. 20 minutes must be straight cardio
b. 25 minutes
i. Cardio, strength, yoga
ii. Split throughout the day if needed
2) Wii Fit: 20 minutes of Jogging or Step Aerobics can count as 20 minutes cardio
3) Wii Fit: All other exercise counts as full time (minute for minute) towards additional 25 minutes of exercise
4) Wii Sports: All other Wii active games (baseball, tennis, bowling, etc) can be counted as half time towards the 25 additional minutes of exercise (20 minutes on the machine = 10 minutes of exercise for the day)

I'm definitely pumped about this! And having the Go Wear Fit, its neat to see the calories burned jump after a workout, so it keeps me motivated.

Good luck, ladies!!! I'll be enjoying that new Wii game in no time...lol

2 comments:

Jamie said...

You will be enjoying the game in no time....When you come over to my house to play it. ;)

Brandie said...

Why would I want to bring my game to your house when I have a Wii at home? You just want the company...lol