Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mexican food and my fave cake...woot!

My family treated D and I to lunch today for my upcoming birthday, and my aunt made my alltime fave cake. It was a darn good day til this evening...I'm mad at myself this evening about some things. I'll get over it, just sucks.

Food today was pretty high, but I stuck to my guns and stayed just barely under my limit. I was given wrong info on where we were eating, but fortunately it was the same "type" of place, Mexican food, so I got basically the exact same thing! But first breakfast. Before our walk, I had a banana, and then after our walk, I had a fat free yogurt. Lunch was at La Calla Doce, a lil mexican seafood restaurant in Oak Cliff. And all I gotta say is, YUM. I got the lunch chicken fajitas, which came with a small amount of cheese and sour cream. I was glad my portion was so controlled! My aunts split a regular fajitas and their side of cheese/sourcream was ginormous! I used a lot of salsa (their's is DA BOMB) to really wash down the lack of c/sc. It made it easy to calculate cals though. I did have some chips/queso, but really tried to make sure I moderated it. After lunch, we headed to my grandma's where my aunt had baked my fave cake, CARROT CAKE. I knew this ahead of time, so was prepared for it, and it was delish!! Dinner this evening was a Birds Eye Chicken alfredo skillet meal to end my day at 1868 calories.

Output: a 7 mile walk that took us 2 hours and 15 minutes. I'm glad I have tomorrow off working out! I'm tired! I'll prolly do some arm work tomorrow though, but will def be resting my legs. We bump to 4 miles on Tues, Thurs and Sats now, so I need to take advantage of my days off.

2 comments:

Libby Jones said...

Great job on that 7 miles! You still have about 11 weeks to the Heels and Hills and Him half, so you are doing great getting an early start, just keeping adding a little more distance each weekend and it will be Sept. 27 before you know it!

Brandie said...

Thanks!!

This is the training schedule that we are following:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rBeujOf4xKgCyTyQjmT0LdA&hl=en