Saturday, July 25, 2009

8 and 100 rocks!

This morning, D and I got up to be out the house at 6:30am to bust out...8 miles...yup, you heard it right. We hoofed it (well, I hoofed it, D rode it) up to the Santa Fe trail and then across plano to Bob Woodruff and back. It was freaking hot outside, and I started feeling it around mile 5, then 6, but was still going strong...until mile 7.5. My feet were KILLING me by then and it was all I could do to get home, but hey...I did it. And in...decent...time. Decent enough anyway.

The awesome news...is that this 8 miles threw me over the 100 miles of walking in training!!! See the ticker on the right...it put me at 103 miles actually, that I have walked in two months. Holy cow!

Ok so that's the good news...no real bad news. I did come home after the walk and pretty much promptly pass out in the bed for a good nap...lol I had just enough time to cool down, have a quick bite of cheese, and get D a snack before I did. Before the walk though, I had half a pbj. Then a bottle of Propel during the walk. Right after was the small piece of cheese. When I got up, I made lunch for us. A cup of mac n cheese and the leftover porkchops from earlier in the week. Dinner was a smoked turkey sandwich with miracle whip before I headed to my cousin's baby shower. I had a tiny piece of cake there, plus one sugar cookie and a small cup of punch to end my day at 1827 calories.

Output: one long freaking walk...lol It took me 2:40 exactly. I'll admit I was kind of hoping for 2:30 but knew that my last 7 mile was 2:15, so 2:30 wasn't very feasible...lol I'm happy with it though, and paid for it the rest of the day with soreness.

No comments: