Friday, July 3, 2009

Ikea and KaBOOM Town!

I wasn't sure how today would turn out, as AF has been being annoying today, but it really worked out! We did get up this morning and walked our 3 miles from yesterday, then we relaxed a bit til it was time to go meet up with some friends. Nick Jr had a Dora movie on, and I didn't hear from D for an hour this morning...lol that rocked!

We hit up IKEA for 4 hours today, and really enjoyed that. Afterwards we headed to Kaboom Town in Addison with Jenn and her daughter. We got there at 5:30ish and very quickly realized the kids weren't gonna make it til 930 (fireworks!) without some intervention that didn't require swimming in VERY overcrowded fountains or spending money on food/bounce houses. So we wandered over to Addison Circle's restaurants and found that Greenz had an awesome patio where we could block the kids in and let em play. We sat there and relaxed (and were joined abit later by some other friends) for over 2 hours til it was time to head to where we had parked to see the fireworks!

D had some minor antsiness at IKEA, but the whole evening he was just awesome. He played, listened VERY well, and really gave me the time I needed to just be able to relax on the patio. I was so proud of him, and it was a much needed mental rest.

I did really good food-wise today. After our walk this morning I had two special K waffles with some light syrup on them. Lunch was at IKEA. I got the pasta marinara with meatballs. It also had a piece of garlic bread on the side. Before leaving IKEA, we got ice cream cones. Dinner was out at Kaboom Town but I had planned ahead and brought ours. I had a PBJ, some teddy grahams snack mix, a 100 cal cheeto pack, small apple juice box, and then later, a chicken strip that Jenn shared with us...lol I ended my day at 1593 calories.

Output: a 55 minute 3 mile walk this morning to make up for yesterday. It was slower but I also haven't walked since last Saturday due to AF. I also added in about 5 minutes of stretching afterward to work out the kinks. We walked IKEA for a LONG time...lol

No comments: