Sunday, July 26, 2009

Heels and Hills 5K


D and I got up at the ungodly hour of 430am to be out the door by 5:15am to join our friends at a Heels and Hills event. It was a Dollar Per K 5K/10K/15K. Dina and I walked the 5K, Jenn walked the 10K, and Holly ran the 15K. I'm proud of us, we all (as Jenn puts it) "showed up". I know for me, I would have had a great excuse to not do it, as I just walked 8 miles yesterday, but I knew it needed to be done. It was something I wanted and needed to do for myself.

And I'm glad I did because I got to compare times! I did the Red Nose Run 5K two months ago at the start of our training, and my chip time was 58:25. They posted the results for today's 5K already, and my chip time was 53:41!!! That's an almost 5 minute different in just two months!! I couldn't believe it...yeah, I DEF needed to be there this morning to know that.

Food today has been decent, though high cal, which is fine. I needed it with two walks this weekend, gotta feed my body! Before the race, I had a pbj. Afterward we went to Steak and Shake where I got a kids breakfast (scrambled egg, bacon and toast). It was super cheap and just the right amount! Lunch was at my grandma's. We had bbq (no bun for me!), cottage cheese, a few chips, salad with light ranch, and half of a corn on the cob (no butter). After that, my aunt treated us to a movie (G Force...cute for D...corny as all get out for mommy) and D and I split a small popcorn. I had a serving of butter noodles (no butter added) that I made with dinner, but other than that I didn't eat much. I had a big lunch. I'm going to have a bit of mango ice cream this evening which will end my day at 1645 calories.

Output: an almost 54 minute 3.1 mile walk this morning, plus a few minutes of stretching, and then I did a few more minutes of light stretching at my grandma's as I got stiff after lunch.

No comments: