Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bob's Challenge

Y'all know Bob, right? From Biggest Loser? He rocks...but I have a healthy hatred for him too...lol

I'ma fan of his on FaceBook and he posts challenges most every day. Today I decided to do his challenge since it included a 50 min walk which I already have to do tonite (well, 3 miles, roughly 54 minutes).

Bob's challenge today
50 shoulder presses
50 bicep curls
50 tricep dips
50 minute walk
100 crunches.

I did it all today. And let me tell you, I'm hurtin...the presses, curls and crunches went by easy enough. I struggled a bit with the crunches but did ok. The tricep dips...bout took me down. First of all, NEVER attempt them shortly after lotioning your hands. PSA for the day...and true story. Yeah, ouch. They KILL my thighs though, and I needed those thighs for a certain 3 mile walk tonite, so I ended up doing em in sets of 4 or 5...lol Hey, I got em done. That's what counts!

I'll post here whenever I do another challenge, depends on what it is! And I might repeat this challenge twice a week or so as a little extra lift on my walking days.

Food today...is decent enough. Breakfast was baked chips. Yes, again...lol they are the pickle flavored ones and I have a serious addiction to them! It's ok though, the machine at our work will run out of em within another day or so and I'll be detoxed til next time. I did have half a tbsp of peanut butter midmorning. I took my multivitamin and it made me incredibly nauseous! Lunch was a weight watchers ziti meal. My afternoon snack was a fat free yogurt. Before our walk this evening, I had a small bowl of rice and broccoli, lightly sauteed in a bit of zesty italian light dressing. And then after our walk, I had a pbj to end my day at 1244 calories.

Output: see above for extra stuff. For the walk, I have good news and bad news. I used iMapmyRun for the first time for a full 3 mile walk (we've been using it for the long walks and its been way accurate), and realized I've only been doing 2.96 miles :( and in 54 minutes, which has been getting frustrating to see that 54 EVERYTIME. But tonite...I lengthened the walk by doing a few more circles in the alley to 2.99, in 52:40!!!! And I know some of that was slow down too from the circles I did, I think I could do it in 52 minutes flat if I tried. So I was excited! Less time and more distance. I like! I did really try to vary my walk tonite. I realized how I kinda sink my hips/knees down when I walk, I guess in a bobbing fashion, and that was slowing me down! So I made a concerted effort to straighten my body, shorten my strides and use my feet to keep me going. It burned in the first 1/2 mile, but evened out, and I could def tell I was going faster. The hills weren't any better, and I was DRENCHED when I got home in sweat, but I'll consider that a great workout!

No comments: