Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our ENT visit...and back to walking...

So we went to the new ENT today. I really liked him, and think he was very thorough in talking to me to get the full history and looking at D. He did say that he still can't see D's eardrum, but it is likely busted, and that the "foreign object" does look like maybe a piece of gauze that some ENTs pack in the nose during surgery. D is now on ear drops twice a day and we go back next week for another follow up.

Today was a walk training day, and it felt so good to be back on it after not walking Sat and Sun due to the evilness that is AF. I very much enjoyed it even though we didn't go til late and it was dark...yikes! D fell asleep before I hit a mile, so I was able to just walk and listen to my music. AND, its been neat to see my MPH go up this past week or so. I started at 3.11 mph and am now at 3.41! I'm not even trying to speed up, its just happening naturally. I love it!!!

On to food...it ended up being a light day since I left work early to go to ENT with D, but I think I made some decent choices (though I did have something yummy this evening, I countered it with healthyish). Breakfast was a Quaker lowfat granola bar. Lunch was tuna with miracle whip, kosher dill chips, and almonds. My afternoon snack was a Special K protein bar. Dinner was at Chilis. I got the kids grilled chicken but also had french fries, with a side of light ranch and some ketchup. This evening after my walk I had some Quaker Rice Snacks (Cheddar Cheese flavor) and a 100 cal pack of choc covered pretzels to end my day at 1286 calories.

Output: I took an almost 3 mile walk for training this evening (miscalculated by just a smidge!! It ended up being 2.89 miles, blech) but it took 51 minutes. I then did 10 minutes of cardio dance this evening to make up the rest of my time. I'm TIRED! I burned 3601 cals today. Yay!

No comments: