Saturday, June 27, 2009

In exactly 3 months...

I'll be walking a half marathon! Well, hopefully by this time I will be DONE walking a half marathon...lol Yup, its on September 27th, and I am so excited!

My training buddy and I hit the trail this morning at 6am to get in our 6 mile walk. I had no specific goal on time, although I was hoping to get it in under 2 hours. And score! We did it with 4 minutes to spare...lol But I will say, that did include a bit of slow down a few times as kid's needs required (we had 3 kids with us, 2 on scooters and D in his stroller). Not enough to really make a big difference, but we probably could have shaved off a couple minutes from that if we'd been super focused and not talking...lol. But what fun is that??? Regardless, I am giddy. lol It rocks to meet a new personal record for distance walked EVERY SINGLE WEEK! I love it!

Ok food eaten today...I'm posting this kinda early in the day, so will have to come back and edit it. But before the walk, I had a Fiber One bar, and then Gatorade throughout the walk. After it, we hit up IHOP, where I had a Senior Omelette (don't laugh) with bacon, cheese, and salsa. Only difference, its a 2 egg, not a 3 egg omelette. And then 1.5 slices of whole wheat toast with some butter and jam. Yummy and no way could I have eaten more! Dinner was at Celebrate Freedom. I had a slice of pepperoni pizza and a margarita flavored snocone. When we got home after midnite, I had another Gatorade to end my day at 1678 calories. Kinda low actually for my output today, but its ok.

Output: an almost 2 hour, 6 mile walk. We spent the evening/lateeeee evening out at Celebrate Freedom (from about 430 til midnight), and I am EXHAUSTED. But I'm excited because I beat another record for cals burned. At midnight, my count was at 5047 calories burned! OMG! It makes me REALLY glad that D and I can chill at home and sleep in on Sunday morning!

No comments: