Sunday, June 14, 2009

A fail day

I totally blew the diet today. Like, I totally went down in flames, fell off the wagon and got run over by it. I took D to Souper Salad for dinner this evening, and I think I knew going into it, what was going to happen. There were so many moments where I knew what I was doing, and should have run like hell, but didn't. I beat myself up over it the rest of the evening, and I will say, it was very difficult to admit to having done it. But I finally made myself tell my awesome accountability peeps, because I know how the diet regression spiral starts. And I'm not going there.

Writing this the day after it happened, I'm feeling ok about it now. I made myself write down everything I ate which was a huge help, as I could tell I wanted to rationalize that it wasn't "that bad". Yeah, it was bad. And totally not worth it, I mean, it was Souper Salad of all places! lol

Other than that, I had a decent day. D and I walked our 4 miles for the training (well, I walked, D rode in style...lol), and it took me 77 minutes. It was our first "official" day of half marathon training which I was excited about. I was a minute slower than last week but thats ok. Considering I didn't even get home til 230am and was TIRED, I think thats pretty good...lol

1 comment:

Angela said...

Those "fall off the wagon days" are HELL, but acceptable :) and wowza woman....4 miles! That is AWESOME!!!