Thursday, June 4, 2009

A goodbye to Pre-K


So my sweet boy finished Pre-K today, and is officially a kindergartner now! I dunno how well I'm dealing with this, was an emotional mess earlier, but I'll get past it. I'm proud that I didn't over eat to compensate. As usual, there are pics on D's blog...well, one pic, of him and his teacher.

Foodwise, I did good today. I had a granola bar and grapes for breakfast. Lunch was leftover chicken and rice from my grandma's on Sunday, and a 100 cal choc covered pretzel pack. No afternoon snack. Dinner was at Jason's Deli to treat D, I got a big salad with some cheese and light ranch, plus a side of grilled chicken. And of course, an ice cream cone! Yes, D got one too to celebrate graduation preschool. After our walk this evening, I had some Quaker rice snacks to end my day at 1374 calories. I'm glad I added the chicken last minute, needed the protein!

Output: we did a 59 minute three mile walk this evening. Its a bit slower than our previous two on this route, but thats ok. We did stop for a bit to chat with a friend as we passed their house and it was REALLY hard to get started back in a groove after that, so I know that slowed our time. It's ok though, we aren't worried about timing right now, just consistent distance! I did do a few minutes of crunches this evening just to even out my time. Tomorrow is a rest day for me, YAY, no workout!

No comments: