Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to 2010

So here we are. 2009 is done for, and 2010 has just begun. As I posted in my last one, 2009 was so full of ups and downs. Well, I have one goal for 2010. That is, for it to be all downs. Down in weight, down in eating, down in spending, down the trails, with blessings coming DOWN from Heaven, and down on my knees in prayer. Down is the key word this year.

With that in mind, I am writing DOWN some plans for all this.

1) Down with weight/eating: I have been working on set meal plans. 12 set meals that I rotate every 2 weeks, leaving one day a week for eating out. Once a month, I will remove a recipe if we are really tired of one, and add in a new one to the rotation. 2 of the meals are ones that can be frozen, taken out, nuked and eaten in the car (fully portable) to help us not rely on fast foods for Wednesday church. The meals aren't necessarily super healthy BUT I will be modifying them with healthier things as I go. The key for me was to get the meals down on paper (well, spreadsheet) with the key ingredients to more easily make shopping lists. This will also help with spending as we won't be eating out near as much.

2) Down the trails: As the days get longer again, we will be starting up our evening walks, as well as starting back the early Saturday morning long walks. I miss those dearly, and really enjoyed having that time for reflection, prayer, communion with nature, and it just felt good. I also have planned several half marathons, and one 10K, plus various 5Ks thrown in, as I can afford it. I definitely am planning on both of the H&H Halfs, one in May and one in September, plus I would like to do the Rock N Roll Half if I can afford it before it sells out (assuming it will, it might not though). And in part with this: down on the floor. I will be continuing with my personal training with Janie, and working to enhance my body as the weight comes off.

3) Down in prayer: one thing I have also slacked on lately has been my devotionals, my Bible reading, aspects of my spiritual life that I feel are vital to my wellbeing. I have two devotionals already that I kept "intending" to do, and will be starting the first one "Lord, is it warfare? Teach me to stand." on January 4th. I'm going to treat it like spiritual exercise, alternating nights with my workout.

SO there you have it. All my plans for this new year. I will be starting this on January 4th, which is a Monday. The majority of Jan 3rd will be spent cleaning out my fridge and pantry, along with a grocery shopping trip to stock up on the good foods.

I can't wait to get going on this! I have a feeling that this year is going to have quite a few surprises, but I'm praying they are all good ones, as I continue along this journey.

1 comment:

Issysmommy said...

You got this!!! I like the food plan. That sounds totally achievable, realistic, and workable. I may look into doing something like that. It sounds like a great way to keep YOU out of the way, and keep routine IN the way. ;-)