Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The choices we make...

I had the option and the opportunity to grab fast food this evening. Well, I guess I always have the option...but anyway, yeah, I had a chance to. And a very valid one to most people. I think a lot of people would have been like yeah that's understandable. But I pushed past it.

We took dinner out to a friend who recently had surgery, and stayed longer than I intended. That led to us getting home around 7:45. I very easily could have grabbed fast food instead of worrying about cooking or eating at home. But I wanted, really wanted, to rise above that. So we came home, and had cereal for dinner. lol Hey, its not fast food! I ended up having some toast with I Can't Believe Its Not Butter and some parmesan cheese, later this evening, as I was low on cals. I just kept thinking, that I have foods in my house that I do want sometimes in the evening, like the cereal and the parmesan toast, but I can never have them since I'm usually at my cal limit already. So I was able to HAVE those tonite since I didn't eat other crap. It worked!

This was also great for me considering it was a stressful day. D had another seizure today at school, and those days are hard. It took every bit of control I had in me, to not leave work right then and go get him. But I knew he was ok and that there was nothing I could do. I just couldn't comfort myself with knowing he was with me, nor could I comfort him, which does leave you feeling pretty helpless!

No comments: