Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More lessons learned and a bittersweet moment...

We decided to skip Awanas for D tonite so that I could go grocery shopping and continue to make sure I'm doing ok on food without eating out. Next week, I think I'll be more prepared with food that D and I can eat on the way to church, but this week, I needed the freedom to not have to be anywhere. I just don't want to chance relying on fast food right now!

I did good again at the store. Stuck to my E-mealz list, plus food for lunches and breakfast. Right now, for breakfasts, I'm doing oatmeal and fruit. And then a frozen meal with some kind of addition to it (more fruit, nuts, something like that) for lunch, and then a yogurt for an afternoon snack. Then whatever I cook for dinner. Tonite I chose the Hawaiian Bacon Pizza to make. But...I don't do bbq sauce or pineapples on my pizza, so...I made bacon/spinach/cheddar pizza and added a salad on the side...lol It was YUM but I ate too much...:( Totally killed it on portion size. I'm still "ok" on calories but I was disappointed in myself. I should have wrapped the rest of the pizza up IMMEDIATELY and stowed it away...oh well, another lesson learned.

Funny story though. On the way home from the store, D asked what we were having for dinner, and I told him I was going to make pizza. He goes "how bout we order it?". And I told him, no...we're going to eat at home and Mommy is going to make it. He asked me why, and I said "so we can make our bodies stronger and healthier, with better food. You want to be STRONG, right?" He goes "yeah! I'ma lift sumthing!!" lol Silly boy. But it's also bittersweet to me.

I've made sure the last 3 years that D be very much exposed to veggies, as I didn't want him growing up like I did, and he has no problem downing bowls of steamed broccoli/carrots/asparagus, whatever. But the fact that he immediately assumes we need to order or eat out, hurts me. So I'm glad I'm doing this, he's one of my biggest motivations.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah but he's young now. Just wait until he's my girls' age and then he'll say "If YOU don't have to eat it, why should I?" I have gagged eating half of the crap (read veggies) that I make them eat, but I know they learn by my example. Enjoy it while he's young...