Friday, January 8, 2010

Pieces of a puzzle

So I'm starting to figure out how some of these food puzzle pieces fit together. I've made some realizations the last few days of some things, and I'm liking it. This evening (after letting the pork loin cook all night in the crockpot, and then tossing it in the fridge this morning), I took half of it, shredded it and mixed in some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce, added some scalloped potatoes and a salad with fat free ranch, and ooooooooooooh boy was it DELISH! I had two servings of bbq pork. Holy cow, it was so tender! That will definitely be in our regular rotation now. The other half of the pork is going to be bbq sandwiches at some point either over the weekend or early next week. And that's what I love about this! The key thing, is that these recipes are keeping it manageable for me, so I don't get overwhelmed and go straight back to the crap food.

Tonite marks 5 straight days of eating dinner at home. I'm so proud of myself!! Monday for lunch was a breakfast burrito and a banana at Sonic, but other than that, I've not eaten out even ONCE this week!!! Go me! So, this weekend, I'm planning to go somewhere out to eat with D, maybe during the Cowboy game to go watch it, I dunno. But this might work, to eat out once on weekends, and be good during the week. I like it! And can't wait to get the new Emealz menu on Tuesday to see what is coming up next!

In other news...AF is wrecking havoc right now, which I am NOT happy about as its curtailing a lot of the working out I want to do to go with the better eating. But hopefully, it will ease up by Sunday, and D and I can get in a good walk. And if this chest cold/allergies/drainage would clear up, I'd be SET. I am SO freaking tired of coughing, and esp with AF! Bad timing, very bad timing. BUT, if AF and a nasty cough/cold are all that I have wrong with me, I'm doing pretty darn good.

1 comment:

Mother of Ace 'n' Deuce said...

I'm so proud of you for doing this journey! That pork sounds yummy! Pork messes with my stomach, so I have to really limit it. :( Good luck getting past all the little hurdles so that you can get some exercise in soon!