Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Proud of me!

Today I decided to sign up for E-mealz.com. It's $5 a month and it basically sends you a dinner menu plan for 5 days every week, complete with grocery list! I figured it was only $5, that'd be worth it to test it out. I ended up choosing the Lowfat Walmart option for 2 people. So I got my menu plan for this week and really liked it! I went shopping tonite and got everything, plus the staples it asks for, and then stuff for my lunches, D's lunches, and snacks.

We got home a bit late, and sadly enough, even with all those groceries in the car, I still considered grabbing a quick dinner on the way home...lol But I held off that impulse. Our first meal tonite was "Cheaters Chicken and Dumplings". It certainly wasn't my grandma's dumplings, but it was passable and we both filled our tummies.

The part I'm proud of the most, is that I went ahead tonite and made two MORE of the meals, and got them ready to go in the fridge, withOUT eating them! lol One is baked ziti which is a weakness of mine with all that cheese. And then the other used part of the meat from the ziti in a beans and rice dish. They are currently all cooling on my counter. One thing I like about this, is that since they are geared towards two people, its not huge amounts of food, so I have less risk of overeating. That's HUGE.

Needless to say, no workout tonite, as I've been moving around all evening and just now sat down (plus a load of laundry, load of dishes and cleaned my kitchen up after all that cooking!). AF started today so the rest of the week/weekend will be interesting but we'll see how it goes. At least I have a few meals made to tide us over, and the food for several MORE meals!!! Woohoo!

No comments: