Sunday, January 3, 2010

Our New Years Weekend

So we hit up Oklahoma City from New Years Eve til today to see my dad, his wife Liz, and family up there. We had a great time, and stayed busy, so I'll just summarize our long weekend.

New Years Eve: played in the snow (the drifts left from CHRISTMAS and the 14 inches they got), got reacquainted with Molly (the dog). We then hit up the OKC Thunder vs Utah Jazz game. Right before the game, someone my dad knows invited us into their suite. Well, part way through the game, the mascot Rumble came into our suite! He did scare the bejeebies out of us by slamming the door, but D was in HEAVEN that he got to meet him!!! It was totally the highlight of the trip for him. After that, we hit up downtown to see the ball go up and the fireworks at midnight. Happy New Year, y'all!!!

New Years Day: D and I slept REALLY late...lol it was nice. After that, my half brother/his wife, and half sister joined us for a New Years Day lunch complete with blackeyed peas. There was quite a bit more snow play after that, plus a visit by my grandma's house up there. And once it got darker, we went to go see Christmas lights, specifically a street that has 15 houses set to lights, so amazing! Then back to the house to put D to bed, and the adults played some Farkle!

Jan 2nd: Off to drive by the Train museum (which was closed so we just drove through it), and then to the Firefighters Museum. It was neat to see the old fire engines. D ate his weight in pizza after that...lol and then later, he helped Liz make a cake for my dad, and then we watched my dad play some soccer! And finally, we hit up that chocolate cake (since we left early today), so D could sing to him, and after D was in bed, more Farkle! (I won that game...lol woohoo!)

Jan 3rd: Home, home, again. D and I slept most of the way home while my bro drove. It was uneventful. After that, we had some Chera pics in Deep Ellum, and topped it off with hanging out with Beth and her family for dinner.

This evening I'm getting my mind all set for tomorrow New Year DOWN kickoff. I didn't really have time or $$$ to go big grocery shopping like I had planned on, but I grabbed a few items that will keep me on track for a couple days, so I'm ready to go. My fridge/pantry was already cleaned out mostly, so it too is ready to go. Time to get this new year started off right!

No comments: