Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day two down...wavered bigtime but came back strong...

I did really good today despite leaving my tunafish for my lunch at home. Disappointing, sure, but I worked it out, and made up for the protein lack in both my snack and dinner.

My biggest wavering though, came at the grocery store this evening. Originally, dinner was going to be made FOR us in return for some computer work. But that got canceled, and I had no meat thawed or anything, so we went to the store to get salad stuff, and ground turkey. Well I always get the 93/7 tube of turkey, and they HAD NONE...and the 83/15 turkey was a dollar more. I was like crap...went to look at ground beef...the 93/7 of that is TWICE as much as the turkey...so...we went wandering around the store. I kept thinking, well maybe I could make something else, went down the canned chili aisle, the pasta aisle...skirted REALLY close to getting so frustrated that I almost said screw it and went with standard crap food. I was already off track since original dinner plans were sunk. But finally I made myself go back to the meat section...and get the 85/15 turkey (I prefer ground turkey now which is why I wanted to stick with that) Yeah...it was a few more cals...but I stuck to my menu plan...we had chili and salad for dinner...so proud of myself!!!!

I didn't get in a work out tonite but I did do my devotional. (And the next TWO nights will be workout nights so I'm good).

Overall today, I felt stronger with my choices. I have very few choices to make with this plan, so the ones I CAN make, make me feel empowered. And I like that.

No comments: