Thursday, January 14, 2010

E-mealz Fantastic Enchiladas

Ok, I'm no Pioneer Woman, so these pics are not great at all. But I really wanted to document these and the recipe. Tonite's dinner was another E-mealz.com wonder. Fantastic Enchiladas. First of all, they smelled DIVINE. OMG my whole house just made me drool. These are creamy, with a bit of spice to them, and both D and I devoured them. I purposely made exactly enough for us because I had a feeling they would be dangerous. D cleaned his plate too! The meal plan actually called for a side of tortilla chips, but I decided I wanted a 3rd enchilada instead, so no chips for us! This was plenty!

Ingredients:

Inside Mixture:
1/2lb cooked/drained extra lean ground beef
1/2 cup thawed frozen spinach
1/2 cup salsa
4oz (half a package) of fat free cream cheese, cubed
dash of cumin
dash of salt

Other:
6 Fat free Tortillas
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese

Mix ground beef, spinach, 1/2 cup of salsa, cumin, salt, and cream cheese in a saucepan until heated through. It should look like this:

Spoon 1/3rd cup of mixture into each flour tortilla, roll up tightly and put in lightly greased pan. I made 6 but had enough for 7. Pour a cup of salsa over top and spread all over.

See our plates? Cute, huh?

Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes to heat through, then spread shredded cheese on top and put back in oven to let cheese melt. Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Yum! Great post!

Fabulous Terrah said...

Um, yum! So trying these. Thanks Brandy!

Mother of Ace 'n' Deuce said...

Oh, wow, those look yummy! And so easy! The last time I tried to make enchiladas, they were difficult and time-consuming, but this looks great! I wonder if I could use chicken breast in place of the beef.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting that recipe! They look yummy!!