Monday, January 18, 2010

Manic Monday

So...today is a holiday. Martin Luther King Day to be exact. I knew it was a school holiday but was sure that D's afterschool care would be open, and hadn't heard otherwise. Yeah, not so much. We showed up to a dark, locked down church. And D got to join mommy at work. He LOVED that, except for one point he said "mommy, this is just boring" lol that's life, kiddo.

He made it til about 11am, which was fine. I was able to at least get SOME work done. We headed out from there to enjoy the rest of our day. And of course, we enjoyed the nice weather! Well, my allergies didn't enjoy it much, but the rest of me did.

I did great on food today, despite the abrupt schedule change. We had sandwiches and apple slices at Beth's house for lunch, while hanging out with them. And then cooked one of my E-mealz over there...beef and broccoli...YUM!! I had been wanting to try it, but was abit overwhelmed at the amount of meat. It CALLS for 1/2 a lb. But its sold in a little over a lb packages. Don't laugh, I really do get overwhelmed very easily in this. So we made it a fun dinner with all of us, and now that I've DONE the meal, I feel more comfortable with splitting that meat up, or just cooking all of it at once. Progress is good!

No comments: