Monday, September 7, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

Happy Labor Day! We had a crazy busy weekend and I got SO little sleep but it was totally worth it! From the park on Saturday, a surprise MNI that night, to the lake on Sunday (driving 5 hours roundtrip in one day on 3.5 hours of sleep), to enjoying some yummy bbq at Red Hot and Blue with Da Crew plus 1 and 2 kids, to visiting at an old friends house for awhile, we barely stopped to breath! We really had to cram it all in. But that is about how ALL of our weekends go. lol

The most tiring part for me, is taking D into new homes/environments. Today, my friend Kristen, D, and I went over to an old friends house to visit for awhile, and yeah he was being pretty good, overall...but him in a new house is very stressful for me. The minute he walks in anywhere, he gets overwhelmed with SO MUCH to check out, very curious, and he's into E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. I will say, I was proud of him. She has a whole set up of ceramic figurines that look like a church service. And D did a great job of looking and not touching. He even had his arms crossed across his chest. Great job, D! I was definitely relieved when it was time to go, though, so we could drop Kris off at her car and get home by bedtime.

In other news, we are now at T minus 3 weeks til the half marathon, and will be walking 12 miles this coming weekend. Yipes!! This will be the true marker for me mentally that I WILL be able to do this, and I can't wait.

No comments: