Monday, September 28, 2009

Day after a Half

OW. That's about how the whole day went. I woke up after being passed out all night in the bed to my alarm clock blaring, hopped out of bed to get to it before D heard it, and about went headfirst into the wall when my legs didn't want to take me there. Despite that, I made it to work anyway. My whole body hurt today, and it didn't help that at lunchtime I pulled a muscle in the back of my hip/upper buttock getting into my car. I felt it give and just thought...CRAP! So had to deal with the pain from that the rest of the day. And then tonite I had to drain one of my blisters on my foot, which was fun...or not. But all in all, it was a good soreness, good pain, I felt very accomplished in it, and tried to revel in it. I'm definitely taking another day or two off from any activity to let my body heal some more, before I get moving again.

Want to hear the crazy thing? I want to do this all over again in December. Yeah, I want to do the White Rock Half on Dec 13th. There were two main factors that I think really made this half the hard time that it was. One, was the heat. I don't see that being as much of a problem in December...lol And Two, and probably the most important, my shoes. I screwed up last week with rinsing off the mud from our 12 mile on them and getting the inside all wet. I think I posted yesterday how I started hurting at mile 4-5, and usually don't til at least mile 9 or so, and so that really screwed me over. Lesson learned...big time. So I think I'm going to relegate those shoes to the weekly walk pile, and again go get some more new ones. I hate to spend the money again, but I want to do this so bad. It will be a worthy investment, and really, its not THAT much more money than signing up for a gym or for classes, etc. So, worth it.

So I think with those two factors under control, I can focus on training (I found a 10 week training program to keep me on a schedule, which worked really well for me this last one). Dina has committed herself to doing the White Rock Half as well, so we're going to work on the training schedule together. I did decide to wait a month to register for it though. I want to make sure that I can get eating under control to get more weight off before I do it. In my opinion, had I been focused on that before this past half, and really worked to make sure more weight was off before I did (and not GAINING weight the weeks before), that would have helped a lot too. So while I am committing myself to the Rock, I'm reserving the right to not register for it. I don't want to do it if I can't do it in 4 hours. The Rock is such a huge event, much bigger than the H&H one, that I'm not guaranteed a medal if I don't finish in 4 hours. They could never support me near as much as the wonderful ladies of H&H did, so I want to be in top shape for it.

No calorie counting for me today. I was ravenous all.day.long so I knew I needed to hydrate really well and eat sustenance. No frozen meal for lunch today was going to satisfy me!!! lol I made sure to drink a LOT too, I was just about floating in it all day.

And output today: Ummmm none. lol

1 comment:

Dina said...

you will be registering for this at the end of the month, girl!! I know you can do it :)