Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Almost Half

This morning, despite reports of 40%, 100%, various other chances of rain, my friend Dina and I hit the trail to get in...a 12 mile walk!!! We slogged through mud, dealt with the rain, and finished it in 4:07. This included a detour off the trail to a Racetrac for a bathroom break and water bottle refill. I'm happy to say I had no dizzy spells, and didn't need to take any stops to rest. So I was happy, despite my feet killing me!

We really could not have planned it out better. The walk started at 6:50am, and we never really had just pouring rain. There were definitely stretches of no rain, then drizzle, then a GOOD drizzle, but overall, it was just perfect. And barely 30 minutes after we finished, it was POURING rain. So yay! Great timing! I'm glad we got it done...I knew I needed to do this walk if I was going to have a shot at a decent time during the half marathon.

I did not have the stroller for this. My friend watched D while we walked, so I had to figure out how to carry snacks/drink, etc. I think I have it really well planned out. My fanny pack worked great, turned around to the small of my back, barely even noticed it was there! I do need to tweak my waterbottle, but I might not even carry it since there should be water stops every 2 miles. I might just take a throwaway small water bottle that will fit in my fanny pack, and then toss it if I need to. Other than that, I have my garb all set, my shoes are doing ok. I did get a small blister after today's walk, but I might just tape up that spot for the half.

2 weeks to go!!!

No comments: