Thursday, September 17, 2009

Poor D and food log changes

He's had a rough week so far. I noticed almost two weeks ago that he has what looks like two molars coming in on the bottom of his mouth, one on each side. Tuesday of this week was the roughest day for him. His special ed teacher said that he was teary all day, cried a few times, and it just was not a good day (he also got on yellow at school and had his first accident of the year). Last night during dinner, he flat out refused to eat anything that wasn't soft. Bless his heart, he really doesn't complain about things. I never would have known it hurt him but this past weekend, he made a comment about how good the ice cream he was eating felt on his mouth. That was my first clue that it bothered him. At dinner yesterday, I asked him if his teeth hurt and I got a pitiful "yeah" out of him, but that was it. Then today he had a really off day at school, ended up getting on red, plus had an accident again. Then this evening when I picked him up from afterschool, he had pooped his pants. Yeah, good times. I'm hoping this teeth mess clears up SOON, but on a good note, at least he's not running a fever from it like he did when he was 3, as that would keep him home from school!

On a good note, in that same email from the Spec Ed teacher, I was very encouraged at everything they are implementing in the classroom to help him be successful. He now has a visual schedule, plus a ticket board where he can earn tickets to do things he likes, like puzzles. She also said how much she loves working with him, and it really just made me feel good to know that he's cared about there and not just being left hanging. I thought he was getting a new teacher this week as the school had sent home a very confusing letter about it, but I got an email from his regular teacher that he will be staying with her, so yay. No more upheaval.

In other news, I'm going to switch my food log back to here starting today. I was doing better at logging it here, and as evidenced by my previous post, have really slacked in doing it there. This should be a much better choice for me to stay consistent. I had a good food morning, switched it up a bit from my usual and added a bit more, and I think that helped me get through the morning unscathed.

So, today, for breakfast I had an apple, a slice of cheese, and some orange juice. Then midmorning, I had half of a pbj. Lunch was a Lean Cuisine meal, which I have slacked on getting lately and I know that plays a big part too. My afternoon snack was a fat free yogurt and some popcorn. Since D came home with poopy pants, we didn't go anywhere. I did swing by Taco Bell and got two chicken soft tacos for dinner. No evening snack and I ended my day at 1339 calories.

Output: none other than some house cleaning this evening. I went to bed early. This rain definitely needs to clear out, it's affecting my mood, I don't want to do ANY activity, which is really bad considering the half is in 9 days!

No comments: