Friday, September 18, 2009

On sabbatical

As my friend Stacy is so fond of calling it. It's now been over 24 hours since I've gotten on DAM or Facebook, and will probably keep it up another day or so. This has been a much needed break for me. I've gotten so frustrated lately with being single (when is that a new thing?) that even seeing people vent about their husbands really gets to me. It's a good reminder to me when I DO get married someday to not take certain things for granted, and to not stress over the small stuff, but right now, it just hurts. I actually quite a bit done last night as far as housecleaning goes, and went to bed early, which is always nice.

I got really excited today because AF is finally getting started. It was nervewracking to think that it might not start in time to be done before the half next weekend, so this is definitely a good thing! I also went ahead and registered for the NOCC Ovarian Cancer 5K for next Saturday, the day before the half. I did it last year and it was my very first 5K ever, so its a special day for me.

Food today has been decent. I had oatmeal for breakfast. For lunch, I hit up Sweet Tomatoes and had my usual. A romaine/tomato salad (no cheese) with fat free ranch and a few croutons and pickle slices, plus a slice of lowfat sourdough bread with butter, a cup of chunky chicken noodle soup, and some of their nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt. I'm out of yogurt for my afternoon snack but do have some baked chips I will likely have later. Dinner is uncertain. Weather and AF permitting, we're going to hit up the balloon festival this evening. I'm going to try really hard to be good and just eat something light. We'll see how that works.

No comments: