Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Prepped for battle

The battle of a kid who knows a needle is headed his way with an injection. I took D this evening to get two immunizations that he already HAD over a year ago, but the state of Texas says he was 2 months EARLY in getting (these two are apparently required no earlier than the 4th birthday). So to stay in school, he needs to get them. It was off to the doctor as soon as I got him as they are only open late one evening a week. I girded my loins for battle. The little man has never taken a shot easily. Even when he'd already been numbed last year, he fought through getting stitches put in his ankle AND taken out. And his scream is glass shattering. Lord love him. But it's over. My ears are still ringing, but its done. It took 3 of us to hold him down. OY.

Today was an interesting day food-wise. I had oatmeal for breakfast. Lunch was a Jimmy Johns Slim ham and cheese Sandwich, then baked chips, and a pickle. My afternoon snack was a tbsp of peanut butter as I am in dire need of groceries...lol will probably go tomorrow at lunchtime to stock up on fruits and frozen meals. Dinner...well...I kind of promised D ice cream for dinner once he got past his shots. He asked me a gazillion times if he was gonna cry during them, and I told him over and over, its ok to cry. Well he screamed his lungs sore but in the end, he did not cry. He said to me on the way out, "I didn't cry, mommy!" He was proud of himself. I told him I was proud of him for getting through the shots, but that I'd be just as proud of him if he had cried, because he walked in there with me knowing he was getting shots. Too bad he fought once we got IN the room, but he was brave going into it. I had not tried to hide it from him, he knew.

Output was a 20 minute stationary bike ride again, still working on keeping my legs ready to go for sunday...5 days!

No comments: