Friday, September 11, 2009

I can't believe its been 8 years...

Since the terrorist attacks in 2001. I still vividly remember what I was doing. When the first plane hit, I was on my way to work listening to Kidd Kraddick in the Morning. My first thought was it was some stunt gone wrong, a plane trying to fly between the towers, something like that. When I got to work soon after, I went down to our Leasing Dept which had a tv at the time. Right after I got down there, we saw the second plane hit. Shortly after, we heard so many conflicting stories, but the one about the plane hitting the Pentagon jarred me badly. I have a second cousin who works there. Thankfully, she was fine, but the wait to hear was incredible.

I know that a lot of people got really patriotic after that, and a lot of people turned to God for answers. In the past 8 years, a lot of that patriotism has faded, some of that turning to God has faded, and that saddens me. I pray that today we all take a moment to reflect on what happened that fateful day, remember that it showed us how we can all come together as a country, and how we can always turn to God no matter what the circumstance.

No comments: