Monday, March 16, 2009

Not so good choice

Well it was definitely a Monday. Yawning all day from lack of sleep over the weekend sure doesn't help, lol. It was such a gorgeous day and all I could think about doing was being outside in it!!! I got out a bit at lunch but I had to run to Wallyworld so wasn't able to enjoy it as much as I would have liked.

We joined some other DAM mom's this evening for a yummy dinner (albeit a LONG one, as we had a slow as molasses waiter...but hey, a good portion of our meal was free so can't complain too much! I love the bzzagent coupons!!!) Afterward, I needed to get D some new shoes as his are looking pretty scuzzy, and well, I didn't want to go home yet either. I was having a rough night, thinkin about some things comin up, and I just wasn't ready to be alone yet. So we went to Kohls and then to Target to wander around and do some shoe shopping. We ended up there til they closed at 10...lol we shut em DOWN.

I did make kind of a sad choice though. D is so gearing up for a growth spurt. He has been eating voraciously lately, just about anything and everything. I've heard its quite common for kids to have a growth spurt after getting their tonsils out, so I guess its expected but sheessh...so when we left Target, D was acting like he was going to die of starvation. This is actually not very typical of him, he may interject a few "I'm hungrys" if it really has been awhile but doesn't usually just fall out in hunger, so it really sounded like he was. Yeah, we stopped at Wendys by the Target...and yeah, I got something too. I'm determined to not fall back into the trap of keeping this food addiction a secret hence why I'm ratting myself out here. I knew going into it that I'd have to post what I ate (and it actually led to a better choice than I prolly would have made otherwise...cause trust me I was definitely thinkin about their burgers...I resisted THAT though). I'll post what I ate in a minute after I do the rest of the day.

The majority of the day I did great up til then. Breakfast was oatmeal and raisins. I had a morning snack of 100 cal choc covered pretzels. Lunch was a Lean Cuisine deep dish pizza, plus baby carrots and grapes. My afternoon snacks were a fat free yogurt and these Quaker Mini Delights rice cakes, white chocolate drizzle flavor, which are, OMG, DA BOMB...they were so freakin good! Dinner was at Chili's. I was good (then)...I got the Guiltless Grill chicken sandwich, with corn on the cob as the side (no butter). Then at Wendy's, I got chicken nuggets and split a small fry with D to end my day at 1784 calories...:( Yeah, not my greatest decision ever but it definitely could have been worse...lol Oh well...today is a new day.

My only output was a walk at Walmart at lunch, and then walking at Kohls and Target. We got home late and then I just kind of moped around and paced the house til I finally decided to go to bed around 1 or 2.

No comments: