Sunday, March 8, 2009

A fresh day

Today I really debated how to handle. First of all, it was at my grandma's which is never a healthy meal...lol And today we were celebrating birthdays for two of my aunts. So they ordered in pizza and we had cake. I did ok. But did decide to keep it simple. I could have 2 slices of pizza and a small piece of cake, nothing else. And that worked well enough. I ate SUPER slow. lol Then we ended up at Grapevine Mills and everyone was hungry and thirsty (bad combination!), so we went to Rainforest Cafe (since D and I had never been in there). I thought of all the things I could order, and very nearly ordered a kids meal, but at the last minute, Beth mentioned splitting chips and queso to get us by until we got home and then I could have something healthier there. So I went with that. And did well enough, since we were with others. By the time D and I got home, I really wasn't hungry anyway, so kept it simple there too before I rode my bike. All in all, it was an interesting test day to see how things are REALLY going. I've actually been a bit surprised since my confession, I still keep thinking I NEED to eat things, almost as if they are so routine that I need to do it, but there IS a lack of want there as well. And I really hope that sticks around awhile. For now, I'm taking it day by day. Not setting goals, not setting a specific amount to eat other than the max of 1958 calories that Lose It says I need to lose 2 lbs a week. Other than that, just trying to make good choices, and not be so hard on myself about it, that I can't admit to failure in it.

So, so far today, I've had two slices of pizza hut hamburger pizza, a small piece of white cake with icing. Then chips and queso at the mall, and this evening, I had a Slimfast shake with skim milk, and applesauce to give me energy for the bike, to end my day at 1391 calories.

We did a dedicated 30 minute walk at the mall, and that was after a lot of shopping and walking in and out of stores, of course pushing D in the stroller. Then tonite, I did 2.7 miles on the stationary bike, it took 15 minutes. I have no idea if thats good or not for timing, but I sure was sweaty!

1 comment:

Dina said...

yay for fresh starts, Brandie! you are going to do great - love you, girl!!