Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Part 1...DOWN!

Yay! Ok I have to brag on here a bit. So please forgive me. But I did it! We had our work thanksgiving luncheon today, and I was way nervous about it. The mountains of food that were there, looked amazing! But I made a plan and stuck to it. I plotted out exactly what I wanted most (some turkey and gravy, mac n cheese, and a roll). Those were the biggies for me. I planned for half a cup of the mac n cheese. Don't laugh at me, but I eyeballed it, then went back to my office before going in the luncheon to eat, and put it into a measuring cup, and sure enough, exactly half a cup! Hehehe I'm a dork!

So I had it all ready to go on fitday.com (including some salad as filler). At the last minute, I added a tad of chile rice casserole, but I went easier on the gravy to compensate. The only issue, was what to do after I finished eating. I knew that as long as I was around the food, it was just going to get worse.

As soon as I finished, I quietly snuck out and went to Walmart to buy some workout sweat pants that I desperately needed anyway. I know at least one person noticed me leave and wasn't happy about it, but I didn't care. Sticking around was so not worth compromising this diet. I've already been feeling so weak lately mentally, I needed a triumph to empower me! And I got it! Woot!

No comments: