Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So now what?

The election is finally over, the votes have been counted, and it looks like Barack Obama is going to be our new president. I'm pretty torn on this one. I think its great that our country was able to look past the race issue and elect a black man. It gives me hope that my child will be able to do whatever he wants to in life with no barriers based on that alone.

But I'm bummed. I didn't want this specific black man as our president. Well, I still don't. I do not agree with a lot of the issues he stands for. However, he'll be my president now too. And I respect him for that. However, I'm very interested to see what the next 4 years bring. So I'm just praying, knowing that God is in control no matter what happens. God's got this, no matter who our president is, He never changes, and is always there. Everything else is just gravy, baby.

No comments: