Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm mentally/emotionally exhausted

And frankly, I can not wait for the holidays to be over. EVERY.DAY this week and last, there has been some kind of evil food item up here at work. Yesterday morning, someone was cooking QUICHE; the other day, a big meeting was catered, where they brought in hot cobblers/ice cream/white choc bread pudding. Today, there were donuts! I'm getting so tired of fighting not being able to eat this stuff. I'm standing firm right now, knowing Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I have some goodies planned in moderation, but gosh, this is wearing me down so bad. I try to hibernate in my office if I know something bad is out there, but unfortunately, as in the case of the cobbler/bread pudding, its all set up right outside of our department, and the smells collect back here, which can make it extremely difficult at times.

All that to say, please pray for sanity. lol I could use some.

Off to suck down some more water.

2 comments:

Mama Red said...

Hang in there, mama! You are doing so great.

CNH said...

The holidays really suck! :( My goal is pretty much to not regain the last 5 I've gotten knocked off. It's so hard. Hang in there. You've done so, so well this year and I KNOW you can do this!