Thursday, November 20, 2008

A huge test today

Today...is our Thanksgiving luncheon at work. I gotta admit, I'm nervous. The thought of all that yummy food is gnawing at me. I will say, I did plan out on fitday.com last night what I think is most important to me in getting some of, so I do have a plan in place. My contribution to the luncheon, is green salad with tomatoes, and fruit salad. So I KNOW there are some healthy options, and that really helps. If nothing else, I can fill up on salad! lol I know thats not much fun. I did plan for some turkey and gravy, some homemade mac n cheese, and a roll. Those are the items I always enjoy the most, so I figured I'd keep it simple and focus on those. Wish me luck today! If I can stick strictly to what I have planned out, and then have a simple dinner tonite, I should be doing great.

What are your holiday plans for surviving without gaining weight? Beth and I had talked awhile back about "just maintaining" through the holidays, but I don't want to go out like that! I have a goal to hit, and I don't want to slow this down. Truth be told, I'm scared to death of backsliding. I know how easy it would be, I fight it every day. So, no, Thanksgiving will not be a splurge day for me. I will probably be a bit higher in cals than usual (probably around 1500), but that will be because I'm doing the Turkey Trot that morning. I'll need a few extra cals!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Good luck tomorrow, you are doing so great I think you'll do awesome tomorrow.