Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving has come and gone!

And what a whirlwind it was!!! I'll skim through the highlights for ya. Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving, I hosted an MNI at my house. Some of my fave chicks came and we had a great time. We played games and watched a movie, lots of laughter and, well, it was just fun!

Thanksgiving was busy! We did the Turkey Trot with my friend Dina, then joined my family for lunch. After that we met up with my best friend and her family for dinner at Cracker Barrel for dinner, then went back to their house to help put up their Christmas tree. We decided to hit up Toys R Us opening for Black Friday at midnight! So we got there at 11 and the line was wrapped around the building. We didn't get out of there til 3am. But, I got D all set for Christmas, and got some good quality time with my girl, so it was worth it.

On Friday, we slept in, and then got in a bit of mall shopping, and then joined Dina and her girls for a yummy dinner. Then we hit up a Dickens Christmas in Mckinney but it was pretty late and by the time they closed, the kiddos were DONE. (But I did take D by Kohls on the way home...lol)

Saturday, was sleeping in again, and then we hit up the Galleria to see the gorgeous Christmas tree, eat some dinner with friends, and walk the mall a bit.

And finally Sunday. Sunday morning, D and I were in an accident. We're ok and sustained no car damage, praise the LORD, but it rattled us both pretty bad. We were coming off a ramp into downtown dallas, hit a slick spot, careened towards a wall, and finally ended up spinning around and going backwards up over a curb onto the grass median. I still am in just amazement that we didn't hit anything or anyone! The rest of the day passed uneventfully. We had lunch at my grandmas, and then I took D to a movie (Planet 51, which was pretty cute) to try to take his mind off things, he was quite edgy and anxious the rest of the day. Neither of us slept good last night and I'm pretty sore today. D hasn't complained but I gave him some Tylenol anyway.

So that was our weekend in a nutshell. It's back to work today, and I can DEF say I am ready for Christmas! I hope all of you had a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving with your family and friends (and friends who are family...lol)

No comments: