Monday, November 30, 2009

Not done with me yet

I think I can safely say that God has great plans for me, and that He's
not through with me yet. This is evidenced by the accident yesterday.
Looking back on it all, I feel there must have been some angel hands
moving my car, guiding it from flipping over, and from hitting the
retaining wall, then stopping us in the median. Plus slowing down the
other cars that were headed for us. I don't see there can be any other
reasoning why we didn't incur some serious damage.

You know the bumper sticker that says "Never drive faster than your
guardian angel can fly."? I wholeheartedly believe in that. That we
were saved for a purpose, that either I or D has a much greater purpose
here on this earth and that God wants us here longer. You come out of
an accident like that supremely grateful for your very breath of life, a
renewed appreciation for your loved ones (most of em, anyway...lol).

D had been driving me NUTS all morning, just hyper, and at the end of a
long weekend, I was needing a break. But after that, a whole new light
shined on him, and I was able to enjoy him the rest of the day. We had
an art contest at my grandmas, and then I took him to a movie to help
our nerves. I don't know if it was the new attitude about him, or if he
really WAS being this good, but he did GREAT through the movie. Not a
peep was heard from him, and he thanked me on the way out for taking him
to a movie. It was just such a Mommy/Son bonding moment that my eyes
welled up.

I'm probably glamorizing a lot of this, but it's also really hard for me
to describe the accident itself, at least how serious it could have
gone, and how terrified I was at the time. I want to downplay it, but
all night as I relived it in my dreams, I thought about all this stuff,
and just needed to get it written out. I thanked God all night that we
had no damage, no injuries. And will continue to count my blessings!

No comments: