Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day!

Today is a day to remember those who have served our country, fought for our freedom, and preserved our rights. Today I think a lot about my grandad and the price he paid for his country. I have nothing but pride for our troops, those who have served and those who continue to serve.

Last night I found out that D was one of 5 kinder kiddos picked to get up at the school assembly this morning and lead the Pledge of Allegiance. I'm so proud of him! I went into work late so that I could be there to see it. And yes I got it on video. Senator Florence Shapiro was there as well as a lot of veterans and active duty military. It really made my heart swell to see that, and I'm so glad I made it a point to go. But I wouldn't have missed D doing that for the world! You could tell he was overwhelmed as he got quiet, and didn't say much, but he stuck it out. He even kept sneaking glances at me to make sure I was still watching, so cute!

Tonite, D went to Awanas for the first time at our new church. He absolutely loved it and mommy loved having 1.5 hours of Out Of The House Mommy Time. I'm still getting used to this church and didn't quite want to start in the middle of one of their classes, nor did I want to go to the bible study yet. I thought about going to Target or Starbucks, but wanted to stick close to the church tonite, so I ended up in their cafeteria. I ate some dinner, read my book, listened to music and just relaxed til it was time to go get him. I am loving this church, still trying to find my place in it, but their special needs ministry has welcomed D with open arms.

Food today was not the greatest. Due to schedule change for this morning and not planning for this evening, it threw my whole day off. I did have a cereal bar for breakfast. But I forgot to bring my lunch, so I ended up ordering in with coworkers. I had sweet n sour chicken, but didn't eat but half of my rice, and none of the sauce. I had a fat free yogurt for snack. Then this evening, I didn't plan well for eating at home since we had to rush straight to church, so I grabbed D something on the way. I ate at church, a slice of pizza and then a romaine/tomato salad from the salad bar there with some ranch. No snack tonite.

Output: right after I got D in bed tonite, I did a quick WATP, which is about 20 minutes with the stretching you do.

No comments: