Sunday, November 8, 2009

A much needed weekend

It started out Friday evening. My sweet boy had 4 blue days and one green day this week (blue being the best, then green, yellow and red). I was so proud of him! That's HARD for him. So he got 5 crisp dolla bills to do with what he wanted at Toys R Us. We met our friends Teresa and her lil man J for dinner and then the 4 of us headed to the toy store! D got a math lesson, though I'm not sure how much it sunk in. We talked about how much things are, how much he had, etc. I left taxes out of it for now and just threw his purchase (a big claw pick-up hand) in with mine and had him give the cashier his moolah. I still need to figure out how I want to move on with this, how much for him to save of it, etc, so I kept that night SIMPLE.

Saturday morning, we were HONORED to be able to hit up the Heels and Hills cheering station for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk. Two of my fellow Dam'ers, Jackie and Kandi, were walking it, and if you don't know, this walk is 60 miles in 3 days, 20 miles a day. I am just in awe of them. But the whole experience of cheering just had me weepy. D was in rare form, highfiving people, tripping a few of them with his clumsiness...lol But he was definitely charming. Eventually I tossed him up on my shoulders and he was able to highfive (and high ten) with no clumsiness. He kept accumulating stuff from the walkers: bunny ears, undereye stickers, a bracelet, beads. They were all so sweet! People kept thanking us for being there, but all I could say was "thank YOU for DOING this". My aunt is a breast cancer survivor so its near to my heart. And all of these people put in a huge commitment to help keep it from happening to anyone else. Gives a new meaning to the word "hero". *heart*

After that (plus a nap for D and then a 3.5 mile walk for us to get my hour in), it was time to start getting ready for my night out! A week ago or so, my best friend Stacy offered to baby sit overnight for me, and after half a MILLISECOND of contemplating it, I took her up on her offer. The original plan was to hit up a hip hop club and maybe some karaoke. Well, plans soon did a complete 360 as my friends sister is in town and is only into country. So...the plan changed to Billy Bobs. But first, we met up with friends for dinner, before D went with Stacy and we headed to Ft Worth. The 4 of us had a great time at Billy Bobs! Travis Tritt was performing there and while I can't say I totally LOVE country music, I do really like it, and am a fan of quite a few of his songs, so I enjoyed it. Just being around other chicks was really enough for me. lol A night out of the house is ALWAYS a plus.

Despite not getting home til 345am or so, getting in bed at 445am, and then waking up at 830am to go get the D-man, no nap for mommy either, it was still a good Sunday. I made a last minute decision to take D to the zoo, so after lunch at my grandma's, we headed there. D was ECSTATIC to see the elephants, the giraffe, and the gorillas. Those were his top picks today. We had a great time. There are a few pics over at D and I's Adventure blog. We started out our zoo trip with a brisk 20 minute walk to get in my output for the day, before browsing the animals. After that, we hit up some yummy mexican food (I was good for once), then a grocery store trip and finally, blissfully, home.

And while food this weekend aside from dinner tonite was less than stellar, after my grocery store trip today, I am fully prepared for a great week. There is absolutely no good reason, other than meeting up with friends for something healthyish, that I should be eating fast food this week or eating any kind of crap food, at all. I'm PREPPED.

No comments: