Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Totally worth it...

Last night, I put up our Christmas tree. Its nothing special, a 6.5 ft pre-lit. And lemme tell ya, I was CUSSIN that thing. It looked so pitiful at first! lol But (and with the help of Beth, bless her heart), we got it all connected, I got all the branches more spread out, and it's looking pretty good now.

This morning, he didn't see it at first fortunately, so I had him go in his playroom while I turned it on. Then I called him in. And the look of wonder on his face just tore my heart to shreds. He was so excited about it, made the whole dang evening putting that thing up, totally worth it. I haven't done a tree in the past, a) didn't want to fool with it in an apartment, and b) he so wouldn't have kept his hands off it. But I am so glad that I did this year. Though I have a bad feeling that I'm going to have a fight on my hands taking it down after Christmas...lol

And to further rip my heart out...he asked me why it came (yes, he asks silly questions), and I said "Mommy put it up so we can look at the lights", he got all excited, gave me a HUGE hug and said "thank you, mommy!!!". Gosh, I love this kid. Though I was ready to strangle him yesterday morning for his attitude. Ironic, huh?

No comments: