Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A new tactic

Well, this morning I decided to try something new. I'm upping my calories for awhile. The plan is to up them to at least 1600 until next Tuesday, when I'll have a light day, and then our splurge day is on Wednesday. I'm hoping that this will get something done with this dang plateau. And to be honest, having a PLAN for it, is greatly helping the frustration level. I was getting ready to tell this diet to kick rocks earlier! But its good to feel empowered. And shoot, I still might tell it to kick rocks if this doesn't work but its worth a shot for abit. lol

I also think...oddly enough...that maybe my evening cravings are related to this somehow. I had a LOT to eat during the day today to get my calories up (oatmeal, banana, 2 pbjs, apple, lowfat cottage cheese and almonds). But yet tonite, I had about the same amt of cals as a typical dinner, and I'm not feeling the awful cravings too bad. So I don't know if its the sense of empowerment from having a plan to get past this, or if it's because I have not been eating enough during the day that my body is really wanting more in the evening. I have no idea. But tonite is probably the easiest I've had in cravings in a couple weeks now. So I'm happy about that. Its nice for once to not be bombarded with awful cravings. I still feel it, but its tempered and very manageable. Any progress is good, right?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I think you are doing great, I really really do. I hope your plan works and that you get off of your plateau and start loosing again.