Monday, December 29, 2008

A new holiday/trip survival initiative

I went into this holiday season gung-ho about losing weight and staying fully on track. Yeah, that got derailed with a month long plateau, plus an emotional week, and a few leg injuries. However, I HAVE stayed on the cardio every day for the challenge I started on DAM. It might not have always been awesome fall out on the floor cardio, but it gets my heart rate up and going.

I'm preparing to head off on a roadtrip from NYE until the 4th of January, and I could tell I was getting stressed over it way too much. So right now I'm determining that as long as I stick to my cal counts, I'm not going to worry about the quality of the food I eat. I will be keeping my portions moderate and trying to stick with my "safe" foods, and I think that should get me through the end of this holiday season intact.

Come January 6th I will be beginning the Year Without challenge, and I'm excited about that. Its going to really help me get eating out under control, and buying clothes for D...yikes...

Don't forget, too, to start checking here everyday to see what I'm eating, what activity I'm doing, and Saturdays are weigh-in days, so check back every Sunday for THOSE updates!!!

No comments: