Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So excited...

I LOVE roadtrips. The open road, music jammin, window down (weather permitting of course), and nothing but headlights for miles. I get such a thrill! And yay, tomorrow, D and I are taking one!!! We will be leaving as soon as I get off work, hopefully around noon.

We're headed to Oklahoma City first to see my dad and his wife. On Friday, we're headed to Missouri to see one of my besttttest friends and her family. And we'll be headed home on Sunday. Its a 7 hour drive from here, and one we've made before.

I have to say, I'm so glad I have a child who loves it just as much as I do. He does great in the car, with the music, he always says "can you turn it up please???" (is that my kid or what???!!!), and tends to sleep through quite a bit of it. Its always a bit stressful on us at someone else's house, since D has to explore everything (ie. get INTO everything), and sometimes his tummy shows his internal stress of the routine change, but otherwise we typically have a good time.

I did take Monday off work, so that I can recuperate (and scheduled a doc apt for that day too, and maybe a movie). D will still go to daycare on Monday but since PPCD won't be back in session til Tuesday, he'll have an opportunity for a nap.

Wish us luck and say some prayers for safe travel!!!

No comments: