Friday, October 3, 2008

When kids make you cry...

Getting off the weightloss subject for a bit...

Yesterday after I picked up D from school, we were talking in the car about his day. Out of the blue he goes "why did you leave me?" Now, for those of you who don't know D, he's delayed, so there are a lot of things he doesn't understand and a lot of things that he just has no concept of right now. So I don't think he meant it the way it sounds. But it sure made Mommy sad! I told him I will never leave him, that he will always be my sweet boy. And he said "you left at school?". And I said "yes I did leave you at school this morning, but did I come back for you?" And he said "YEAH!". I told him "Thats right, D, mommy always comes back for you. It might not be when you want me to, and there might be days where someone else picks you up from school, but I always will come back for you. I CHOSE you as my little boy, and that makes you very very special to me." Ohhhhhh mommy was about to bawl, good thing he was in the backseat and couldn't see my face!!!

He just smiled and said "I hungry!"

Yeah...that's my boy...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

hat's so sweet and sad, it made me tear up a little. What a sweet little boy.