Thursday, October 23, 2008

My sweet boy

I have to share all this. My sweet boy just makes me go awwwwwww ALL.THE.TIME. Sure he drives me nuts half the time, but he's 4, he's supposed to.

First, this morning, I was getting him dressed, and he said "I dont wanna be cold". I said "I know, baby, thats why I'm putting you in an undershirt and this jacket..." He gets all sweet and goes "thank you mommy!!!" with a big grin and gives me a HUGE hug...

Then, I was giving him his medicine, and he swallowed the pill on the FIRST try this morning, and he got all excited and gave me lots of big hugs, he was so proud of himself!!!

I so hope he knows just how much he is loved! Even before I met him, I knew he was the child for me. His foster parents went on one last family vacation with him before I got to meet him, and I swear, I MISSED him. It was hard to think that he was in another state, when I just wanted to bring my little boy home. And yes, the last two years, we've had our ups and downs, but my love for him grows deeper every single day.

But I have to tell you how crazy this kid is...last night, with it being so cold, after he was asleep, I went in to put an extra blanket on him. Its a blanket that usually is in my room for when he comes in there in the mornings to lay down. But I had just washed it, gotten it out of the dryer, it was all snuggly and warm. And it was COLD last night. So why...at 2:30am, did he wake up and bring the blanket BACK to my room, and went back to bed. This child and his routines...lol He's such a hot mess. But he's MY hot mess.

No comments: