Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just some things

Well, D started Strattera today. It was in a capsule form, not a liquid, so it made it interesting, but he caught on the 2nd try how to swallow it...yay!!! Now we wait for the side effects to kick in. We'll see how the day goes.

My body has been weird this past week. I've been having some headaches in the evenings, but last night was the worst. While fixing dinner, I was so overcome with nausea/dizziness that I had to move the skillet off the burner and go sit down for a minute...what WAS that? I had not eaten anything since coming home and thought my lunch was fairly normal. So I have no idea, but I sure didn't like it! Fortunately after I ate some dinner, it got better and I was able to bust out a good workout. But wow.

I realized the other day while shopping how funky my body image is, and probably will be. Seeing myself from the inside is a lot different than seeing it from the outside. There are lots of days where I don't feel like I've lost anything at all, and sadly its more often than not. Oh sure I do notice things like moving easier, etc, but just sitting in here doesn't feel different much. So when I was shopping yesterday, I looked at a pair of 22 jeans thinking I am twice the size of those, but lo and behold, they fit. So I have proof this weight IS coming off, but man, I sure need to realize it in how I view myself. Thats been a challenge since starting this whole process, but I have hopes that it will happen. Maybe once I hit my huge goal...lol Eh, we'll see.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hope you figure out what is causing the headaches, that sounds kind of scarey. I think you are doing great with the weight lose, I'm inspired by both you and Beth.